March 4, 2009

BARBIE BAN BILL?


Say that 3 times fast! Anyway...

TODAY staff and wire
updated 9:21 a.m. ET, Wed., March. 4, 2009

Barbie could get an unwelcome present for her 50th birthday: outlawed in West Virginia.

A state lawmaker proposed a bill Tuesday to ban sales of the iconic Mattel doll and others like her.

The Barbie Ban Bill, proposed by Democratic Delegate Jeff Eldridge (D) Lincoln County, says such toys influence girls to place too much importance on physical beauty, at the expense of their intellectual and emotional development.

Source

I know this dude has to have better things to do than come up with a bill banning Barbie. He has good intentions, but I mean, is this REALLY the right way to go about it? I vote no. Even he knows it. "I knew a lot of people were going to joke about it and poke fun at me," Eldridge said. "I couldn't get anybody to sign on the bill with me but I said I'm still going to introduce it."

Ummm...no sh!t Sherlock. BTW - will somebody buy me that painting pictured above? Or maybe just donate to the cause. It's only $4,000. I accept paypal. Thanks :-)


0 comments: