July 3, 2009

MAMA, I WANNA SING!



I went to a Ryan Leslie/Solange show last week and I'm just now getting around to posting these pics. Sue me hoe. Anyway, b/w R. Les' jumping around the stage, practically losing his voice and declaration of being a humble Harvard graduate and Solange shouting out her Twitter goons I have to say I was pretty entertained. Ryan Leslie gets SO crunk to his music that you can't help but be like "damn, it must be hot if he's that into it" and Solange actually sounds better live than on the album (which is pretty wild).

We pretty much know their backgrounds: a producer yearning to get his voice heard and a sister yearing for....well SOME kind of acknowledgement. But after seeing the show I'm glad they took the chance to say....MAMA I WANNA SING!






0 comments: