August 19, 2009

MAKE NEW FRIENDS, BUT KEEP THE OLD


OH EM GEE. I was rearranging some things in my apartment and I came across this Voyages poetry book that my 8th grade class made (pictures via 6th grade yearbook) in 1997. L-M-F-A-O! If you can try to read this you might just pass out. Pure comedy. We were bad broads back in 97' talkin bout goin to Vegas and sneaking off to an Embassy Suites (b/c we're too fly for a roach motel). Ha! Thank God for time, maturity and hair stylists b/c we've come a looooong way. Tasha, myself (that's me in the middle) and Eve have been down since "back in el-e-men-ta-ryyyy" (c)Tupac. We used to have sleep overs, make up dance routines, write rhymes, hell - we even wrote a rough draft letter to Ricki Lake to meet Mista. [GO RICKI, GO RICKI, GO RICKI!]. We'd all try to schedule our classes together and I think one year Tasha and I had EVERY single class together except one. We even went to Europe at the same time. Eve and I bought matching butterfly shirts to dance at Mayday. Yeah, we were doing the butterfly. How clever is that sh1t?! Although we all meet new friends and have different people come in and out of our lives, it's nice to have people in your life that you can resurrect 10+ yr old memories with. It's a blessing to know there are people besides your family that truly have your back and only wish the best for you. I could go on for hours talking about the coded letters that were written, the crushes, the scheming, the EXCELS trips haha...but all in all, I am thankful for all my friends, but especially the 2 that have been around for...like...ever. My BFFs!





0 comments: